They might be great for carving but they’re also great for eating! The pumpkin soup served in our Kitchens is available throughout the winter. Fancy trying it at home?
Our very own Mary Houston, who works in our food team developing new products, has shared her yummy pumpkin soup recipe with us, so don’t let your pumpkins go to waste this year!
1 large onion
250g diced potato
250g chopped carrot
500g pumpkin, diced
1 large clove of garlic, crushed to a fine paste
2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp garam masala
Half a teaspoon ground coriander
Half a teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 x 500g pouches of TRUEfoods chicken or vegetable stock (available from our Farmshops)
500ml water to adjust consistency, to your taste
2 tbsp mango chutney
Salt and pepper, to taste
1tsp vegetable oil
1. Add vegetable oil to a large, heavy-based pan and gently heat the onions until slightly soft and transparent.
2. Add the carrot, pumpkin and potato and gently sauté for a further 5 minutes.
3. Add the garlic, curry powder, garam masala, coriander and cayenne, salt and pepper and stir through until it coats the veg. Cook out for a further few minutes to release the wonderful spice aromas and give them the best possible depth of flavour.
4. Add the stock and water, then simmer the soup gently until the vegetables are fully cooked.
5. Blend the soup, adjust the seasoning to suit your taste.
6. Serve a hearty portion in a bowl with a dollop of sour cream and a twist of lime along with some buttered, crusty bread.